Ultra Tool & Manufacturing has been providing complex metal stamped and fabricated parts and components for over 50 years. The technology of our ERP system maintains production schedules and inventory to meet the changing demands of this industry. In addition, Ultra recognizes consumer and industrial battery manufacturers are working to improve performance, reduce weight and ensure longer battery life. We work with all types of materials including; copper, nickel, steel, stainless steel, Kovar, Inconel, 52 alloy, and other nickel alloys.
Our parts and components can be found in alkaline, lithium - Ion and nickel batteries in the automotive, aerospace, residential, mass transit, heavy trucking and locomotive industries.
No matter the industry – cost, quality and on-time delivery are key goals for production to be successful. Read the case study below to better understand our manufacturing expertise and services.
- Battery components including terminals, topshells, caps, cell tops, cans/covers.
- Connectors & fuse components
- Copper busbars
- Interconnect boards
Achieving Tight Tolerances Metal Stamping
Collaborative discussions with the customer helped Ultra fully understand the functionality and features of the thrust ring. It was identified that the part’s tabs required a tight tolerance of no more than .062” to achieve correct alignment with threads during the multi-assembly process.Read more
We utilize today’s most cutting-edge equipment with our design expertise and hands-on manufacturing experience to produce high-quality metal parts integral for use in multiple industries.
- State-of-the-art press control system with in-die sensor automoation reduces tool downtime and eliminates defects
- (13) precision metal stamping machines ranging from 45 to 800-ton capacity can handle volumes from the hundreds to the millions
- Drawing ferrous and non-ferrous materials up to 6" deep
- VISI-Design in 3D provides detailed design-to-production plans
- Full-service in-house tool room builds and maintains tooling, gauges, and fixtures for production
- Fiber laser able to cut material thicknesses up to .700” for steel, .250” for stainless and .196” for aluminum, brass, and copper.
- CNC press brake forms and bends materials quickly and precisely
- (9) CNC machines in tooling set up with VISI-Design to deliver customized operations with precision and speed
- Technical engineering assistance optimizes materials, reduces costs and ensures repeatability.
- Prototyping completed in-house with customized tooling
- Quality audit programs
- ISO 9001:2015 certified
- Extensive range of value-added operations that are customizable to part and customer needs.
- Utilize NPI to analyze and test the manufacturing process for new parts
- PPAP (Production Part Approval Processes)