Defect-free Metal Parts
for the Defense Industry
No matter the industry – cost, quality and on-time delivery are key goals for production to be successful.
From a tool and die build, to metal stamping to metal fabrication Ultra establishes a feasible manufacturing process that will meet your customized goals. This requires our dedicated and experienced employees utilizing state-of-the-art equipment and the latest technology from the design room to the manufacturing floor on every project.
Read the case study provided on this page to better understand our manufacturing expertise and services.
We utilize today’s most cutting-edge equipment with our design expertise and hands-on manufacturing experience to produce high-quality metal parts integral for use in multiple industries.
- State-of-the-art press control system with in-die sensor automoation reduces tool downtime and eliminates defects
- (13) precision metal stamping machines ranging from 45 to 800-ton capacity can handle volumes from the hundreds to the millions
- Drawing ferrous and non-ferrous materials up to 6" deep
- VISI-Design in 3D provides detailed design-to-production plans
- Full-service in-house tool room builds and maintains tooling, gauges, and fixtures for production
- Fiber laser able to cut material thicknesses up to .700” for steel, .250” for stainless and .196” for aluminum, brass, and copper.
- CNC press brake forms and bends materials quickly and precisely
- (9) CNC machines in tooling set up with VISI-Design to deliver customized operations with precision and speed
- Technical engineering assistance optimizes materials, reduces costs and ensures repeatability.
- Prototyping completed in-house with customized tooling
- Quality audit programs
- ISO 9001:2015 certified
- Extensive range of value-added operations that are customizable to part and customer needs.
- Utilize NPI to analyze and test the manufacturing process for new parts
- PPAP (Production Part Approval Processes)
Military / Defense
You can count on Ultra Tool & Manufacturing as a supplier with experience producing defect-free, precision metal parts for military and defense applications. We have the in-depth knowledge to achieve tight tolerances on metal parts to meet the most demanding military specifications (Mil-Spec). In addition to working with aluminum and stainless steel, we have the capability to work with alloys that meet the special requirements of advanced weapon systems along with Titanium, Hastelloy, Waspaloy, Nihard, Ferralium and Inconel.
- clips & covers
Quality Controlled Manufacturing Process
Case Study: Quality Controlled Manufacturing Process Two precision metal parts, Inner Cone and Contact Spring, for a Defense Manufacturer have similar forms as well as features. A detailed inspection process is required throughout production to deliver high-quality parts with zero defects. 1. A progressive metal stamping die draws the beryllium copper which is only .0150 […]Read more