Ultra Tool is a trusted, state-of-the-art precision metal stamping and forming company dedicated to providing efficient, cost-effective and industry-leading processes that fulfill every sheet metal stamping and forming need. Thanks to our Product Development Success Model (a unique manufacturing approach emphasizing open lines of communication), our work revolves around forming customer relationships that work. Under this model, customers are kept up-to-date on the quality and progress of their metal forming (or stamping) project throughout every step of its development, as shown in this Harley Davidson project case study.
Metals We Work With
Metal Stamping Services We Offer
Blanking – cutting out a piece to make a “blank” for further processing
Drawing – stretching a blank into a different shape
Coining – compressing a pattern into the metal
Curling – bending the metal into a tubular shape (think door hinges)
Hemming – adding thickness by folding the edge of a part over onto itself
Ironing – reducing the thickness of the metal
Stamping & Forming
Flexible Contract Metal Stamping
As a leading sheet metal stamping company in Wisconsin, Ultra Tools’s contract project managers and metal forming machine operators have years of experience developing aluminum, copper, brass, steel, and stainless steel stamping solutions. This experience allows us to be flexible with our time, processes and resources in order to meet our customer’s needs. It also lets us be innovative in our approach to specific contract stamping solutions. (See our Fabrication Department for low volume options.)
Effective Tooling, Efficient Stamping & Forming
The keys to delivering quality steel stampings on time and at competitive prices are the precision metal stamping machines, tooling and processes that our skilled people use every day. Ultra Tool starts with quality equipment and applies processes that utilize our knowledge of tooling in order to build, repair, maintain and improve production efficiency. Our in-house tooling department gives us ultimate control over the design and build of our own production tooling. See how HydraForce’s stainless steel stamping project benefited from our tooling department in this case study.
Ultra Tool has made significant investments into advanced sensor technology that protects the tooling on our sheet metal stamping and forming machines, significantly increasing their efficiency. Our sensor program has also given us the ability to weld, tap holes, assemble parts and make measurements right in the stamping die — in real time — which reduces the need for costly secondary operations. Die protection sensors are being routinely implemented in every die we build, effectively reducing die crashes and protecting your investment. Our dedication to our sensor program has resulted in award-winning die designs and innovative manufacturing technologies, and drives our reputation among sheet metal forming companies.
Integrated Metal Stamping Services
In addition to providing quality aluminum, copper, brass, steel, and stainless steel stampings, Ultra Tool offers services for any stage of a product’s development lifecycle, including prototyping, numerous assembly capabilities and warehousing solutions.
Our stamping and forming services include:
- State-of-the-art press control system (sensor automation) to reduce tool downtime and eliminate defects.
- Clean, professional, well-organized plant that follows 5S lean initiatives.
- 12 metal stamping machines, punch presses ranging from 45 to 800 ton capacity.
- The capacity to handle volumes that range from 10,000 into the millions. (See our Fabrication Department for lower volumes)
- Equipment needed for progressive dies as well as secondary tooling.
- Programs in place to measure and improve die set-up and down time, with a focus on set-up time reduction.
- Full service in-house tool maintenance.
- Project management, so parts are produced efficiently, with an eye to quality.
- The ability to produce prototypes and conduct R&D testing.
- Extensive range of value-added operations that are customizable to part and customer needs.